Another novelty introduced by the regulation EC 1223/2009 on cosmetic products are GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices). As for drugs and medical devices, also for cosmetic products a set of rules to ensure product quality and consumer health must be respected.
Article 8 Reg (EC) 1223/2009
- The manufacture of cosmetic products shall comply with good manufacturing practice.
- Compliance with good manufacturing practice shall be presumed where the manufacture is in accordance with the relevant harmonised standards, the references of which have been published in the Official Journal of the European Union
Briefly, these Guidelines regulates the following procedures regarding the manufacture of the cosmetic product:
- RAW MATERIALS AND PACKAGING MATERIALS
- FINISHED PRODUCT
- QUALITY CONTROL LABORATORY
- TREATMENT OF PRODUCT THAT IS OUT OF SPECIFICATION
- COMPLAINTS AND RECALL
- CHANGE CONTROL
- INTERNAL AUDIT